I have 4 brothers. For some people that's 4 too many, but that's just because they don't have MY brothers. My brothers are the coolest version of "brother" out there. Some girls get stuck with the uber-annoying, bullying, rip-your-barbies-head-off kind of brother, but mine are more along the lines of the "I got your back," jump-out-of-a-moving-vehicle-to-save-your-life kind. Ok so they did their fair share of barbie head ripping too, but they always made up for it by being there when I needed them most.
This last Christmas when we were in the accident, my brothers were in the car behind us when we got hit. They watched in horror as the car swerved into us and our rear end went airborn from the impact. All I know, is that I heard their voices before I even really knew what had happened. My brother's girlfriend (also in their car) said they didn't even wait for their car to stop moving before they jumped out to run to us. They took care of Aliyah when the ambulance came, and in the ER they took turns coming in to sit with me and hold my hand. If not for my mom, they would have committed homicide when the driver of the other car was brought (unharmed by the accident) into the same ER to be treated for shock.
The thing is, they've always been this great. Sure we fought like cats and dogs when we were kids, but they also stood by me when I was scared, sad or in need of a laugh. Last year for mother's day they treated me to an expensive spa treatment, and last month my brother Daniel took me on a shopping spree to update my wardrobe and gave us his car to use for getting Gavin to his appointments. I don't know how I'd get along without them and I hope I never have to figure that out! So I guess all there is left to say is, "I love you guys, and should you ever need it, I got your back!"

3 comments:
i love this picture...that's the little melissa i remember from when we were young
I totally agree with you! Your brothers always made me feel like part of the family. Thanks guys! (I really miss you and your family, Mel...let them know they are in my thoughts and prayers!)
Your brothers are a definite blessing to you!! I love all the pics - especially with the tulips, except that's not your child with the blond hair, is it? j/k Hey, I thought we were going to have a get together soon.......
Post a Comment