Troy and I took a big step in our relationship this year. We reached a compromise on the dreadful topic of........ Family Photos (duh duh duh duuuuum). In a nutshell, I love them, Troy hates everything about them. So after 8 years, we finally compromised: We will alternate every other year with serious and silly family phots. Troy's dream is to photograph our family in full get-up for every major holiday, then move on to lesser holidays when we run out of the big ones. (He got his inspiration from the Ramptons awesome St. Patricks day family newsletter) So, thus began year 1 of silly family photos, and I must admit......I'm sold. This was waaaaaay more fun than traditional photos, and I can't wait to see what we're gonna do in 2011! My amazing and wonderful sis-in-law Angie braved the cold and took our pictures, then I spiffed them up in photoshop. Whattaya think?Monday, November 2, 2009
Not Your Average Family Photo
Troy and I took a big step in our relationship this year. We reached a compromise on the dreadful topic of........ Family Photos (duh duh duh duuuuum). In a nutshell, I love them, Troy hates everything about them. So after 8 years, we finally compromised: We will alternate every other year with serious and silly family phots. Troy's dream is to photograph our family in full get-up for every major holiday, then move on to lesser holidays when we run out of the big ones. (He got his inspiration from the Ramptons awesome St. Patricks day family newsletter) So, thus began year 1 of silly family photos, and I must admit......I'm sold. This was waaaaaay more fun than traditional photos, and I can't wait to see what we're gonna do in 2011! My amazing and wonderful sis-in-law Angie braved the cold and took our pictures, then I spiffed them up in photoshop. Whattaya think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








11 comments:
those. are. amazing!! melissa, you're the most beautiful witch i've ever seen! totally fun stuff.
wow all of your costumes are so awesome! I'm impressed that you were able to pull off an idea like that for your whole family.
now i'm inspired. time for the ramptons to do another unchristmas card. :)
Ahhh!! I LOVE seeing the details like your eyelashes and Troy's earplug things, and Gavin's smiles/smirks - the whole bit! You guys are awesome! Love them all!! How did you get Gavin to go along with it all? He's so dang cute!!
these are awesome! you are absolutely beautiful melissa! i don't know if i can pick a favorite, but im leaning towards the top aliyah one. man, that one is good. i just want to hug her and kiss her cute face. i had to laugh reading this post cuz i thought i was reading about brian. it was hard getting engagement pics out of him. and he has already informed me that we are not taking any baby pictures or sending announcements to people. not even to family. im putting my foot down on that one..
im hoping those neck-bolts have come off troy's neck...
Very fun. Angie and I were just looking through the pictures on our computer when we decided to see if they had made it to your blog yet. Very nice work on the photoshop treatment. Your costumes were simply amazing! I'm another vote for the pic of Aliyah at the top. But I love them all.
I love the pictures. I think it's a great idea and the costumes are awesome (as always)!
oh my goodness those were out of this world and what a fabulous idea with the family pictures they are spectacular!!! what a great compromise
Gavin is my favorite!
Super cute! As always you pulled of something crazy and nailed it! You're amazing!
I got my Christmas picture and I love it!!! I showed the picture to some friends from church and they knew right away it was Gavin. I didn't even have a change to tell them who was in the picture. They were so happy to see everyone doing good, happy and healthy. They always love updates on you guys. LOVE YOU, Aunt Linda
Post a Comment