Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Ma'am!

That's what Troy said to me when he called me on my birthday this last sunday.  He'd been reminding me all week that 30 is officially "ma'am" territory, and that I can no longer ignore people who address me this way.  I thought about threatening to start calling him "Sir" but figured he might actually enjoy that more than I could stomach. 

For my birthday, my wonderful mother took me for a "girl's trip" to St. George to party with my California aunts and my favorite Cali Cousin Terra.  Let me tell you, those girls are a riot and I had so much fun. We went to my favorite St. George restaurant Haven for my birthday dinner.  The food alone was worth the trip, and they even brought out some chocolate cake that was to-die-for, complete with sparkler and birthday wishes.  We went for an early morning hike up snow canyon, swam in the pool and relaxed, and then hit the Tuacahan for Cats later that evening.   All in all, it was a great way to break into my 30's!

7 comments:

Mrs. Haynie said...

Sounds like a great way to celebrate the birthday! Can you believe we are 30 this year?! I feel like we are still little girls having sleepovers at your house. Sniff. And I love Troy calling you ma'am. Hilarious.

Lana said...

Yay, glad to hear 30 isn't traumatic. I want some chocolate cake...

Adry Villa said...

Happy birthday Melissa!!!! Look's like you had a blast!!!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday, Melissa! I need to take some lessons from you on how to celebrate a birthday. You always have the best birthdays!

remington and mindy said...

Happy Birthday! I was in St. George too for Remi's birthday!

Cormorant said...

Looks fun! Happy big bday!

Kimbur said...

I miss you melissa!