So much to tell, so little time. I have been spending all my free time lately learning to be a publishable writer (or at least trying to...) and haven't blogged too much. So in a nutshell, here's what the Richardsons have been up to:
We bought a SNAKE!
She's a red-tail columbian boa named Sunshine, or Sunny for short. She is around 40 inches long and will grow to be around 8 ft long over the course of 10 years. The kids love her too much and are having serious lessons on how not to freak out a potentially grouchy snake. It's quite the process.
4th of July
We spent with Angie and James at the Sandy City freedom gig, which was fun. They flew in a rescue helicopter the kids got to sit in, we watched police dog demonstrations, and the kids got to dress up in Police uniform and attack a punching bag thingy with a mean guy face on it. Very cool. Too bad Gavin could hardly walk with his gear on, much less run. He still enjoyed the tackling bit though.
This Weekend:
We went camping to our same clandestine camping spot we hit over memorial weekend with Angie and James, and it was awesome. We found an even cooler spot than last time, which I never would have imagined possible and had a great time.
I also got to shoot my very first weapon, and didn't too bad if I do say so myself. Then, when we were going home, we got to see one of nature's weapons. There was a rattlesnake crossing the road in front of our car, and I had Troy keep it on the road with a (very) long stick so I could look at it. Just as we were leaving, a truck pulled up with some very portly rednecks in it who asked if they could have the snake. I don't know what they wanted it for, but I'm assuming dinner was long and lean that night! Oh to live in Utah!

3 comments:
I cannot believe you guys got a snake as a pet! I don't know if I could handle having one with the thought of it possibly escaping . . . but I'm glad you and the kids like it :-)
I just have to say one thing as far as the snake - you are crazy!
no snakes for me!!! my neighbor across the street is getting her first novel published so if you need some help and advice let me know and I will get you in touch with her...good luck.. you are a terrific writer
Post a Comment